On Sunday, June 13, 2021, Bishop Scott Mayer visited All Saints’, Fort Worth, now worshiping in the chapel at All Saints’ Episcopal School, 9700 Saints’ Circle,Fort Worth, TX,76108.
Bishop Mayer presided and preached. The Rev. Christopher Jambor is the rector, and the Rev. Lynne M. Waltman and the Rev. Maddie Hill are assisting priests. Mr. Clive Driskill-Smith is the organist/choirmaster.
The service was the world premiere of the Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis, commissioned for the parish’s 75th anniversary by the rector. They were sung by the Evensong Choir: Katie Dunn Powell, Karen Farnell, Philip Johnson, and Mike Farnell. The settings were composed by Joanna Marsh, a British composer who lives in London and Dubai.
Dawne Marie Denne and Richard Allen Denne were received.
Boston Hart Juliao, Millard Lucien Tierce IV “Luke”, Kelly Suzanne Tierce, Henry Thomas Mankin, Henry Charles Anton Beck, Sophia Gianna Drago, Katelynn Elizabeth Pannell, Thomas Elliot Wright, Thomas Ronald Weldon Thrower, Hadley Jo Worsham, Annette Franke “Annie”, Adam Paul Levi, Philip Wade Harrell, Sean Avery Schneidewent, and Marc Harrison Schneidewent were confirmed.
Vance Clifton Halfaker, Julie Ann Halfaker, and Melanie Beth Brown reaffirmed their faith. There also were four baptisms.
June 16 is parish’s 75th anniversary
This year All Saints’ celebrates its 75th Anniversary. The church was started as a mission on June 16, 1946, and was elevated to a parish church two years later.
In 1949, the Rev. Canon James P. DeWolfe, Jr. was called as the church’s second rector and held the position until he retired in 1984.
All Saints’ became the Cathedral Church for the Diocese of Fort Worth in 1986. In 1991, the church renounced its Cathedral status and reverted to the status of Parish church. The church celebrated its Golden Jubilee (fiftieth anniversary) in 1996. All Saints’ celebrated its 75 year anniversary in 2020. In 2021, the congregation was forced to move out of its historic building as a result of The Supreme Court of the United States declining to hear an appeal of the decision of the Texas Supreme Court to award Episcopal Church property to a group that left The Episcopal Church in 2008.
The congregation continues its faithful worship and outreach ministries while worshiping in the school chapel. The church offices are at 4936 Dexter Avenue.