The Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth was held Friday, November 11 and Saturday, November 12, 2016, at All Saints’ Episcopal School in Fort Worth.
View or print the Agenda for Convention
- FC1 – Approve 2017 Triennial (2017-2019) Budget
- FC2 – Approve 2017 Table of Assessment
- SC1 – Training for Church Officials that Promotes Racial Justice and Reconciliation
- View/download/print all submitted reports as a single pdf document (1MB)
- View or print Published Reports individually; the Registrar’s report has been updated
- View election results here.
- View a chart of voting rules for each type of elected position.
- View the original slate of nominees.
There were 32* positions open for nomination at the 2016 Convention: Deputies to General Convention, At-Large Members of Executive Council, Disciplinary Board members, Standing Committee members, and a Trustee of the University of the South.
[su_spoiler title=”* Why so many open positions?” style=”fancy”]
UPDATE – 8/29/2016: Previously, the number of open positions was reported as 28; we realized, however, that we had given too small of a number for the General Convention Deputy positions. There are actually four open positions for deputy and four (instead of two) for alternates – in both the clergy and lay orders.
The number is higher than usual this year for two main reasons: we will be electing deputies to General Convention, which happens only once every three years, and we will also for the first time be electing nine of the members of the Executive Council at large, in accordance with canon changes passed in 2015. Previously, members of the Executive Council were all elected at the deanery level.
In addition to the at-large positions for Executive Council, each of the five deaneries elected one representative at their Pre-Convention Deanery Meeting.
Vendors and Exhibitors
Convention Eucharist Offering
Read about the organizations designated to receive the Convention Eucharist offering:
Youth in the diocese created a prayer room at Convention. Click below to read more:
The hashtag for Convention each year is #DioFW.
[su_spoiler title=”Links to previous years’ convention material”]
- 2015 Diocesan Convention – Fort Worth (Botanic Garden)
- 2014 Diocesan Convention – Arlington
- 2013 Diocesan Convention – Wichita Falls
- 2012 Diocesan Convention – Stephenville